Last September, the Xiaomi Mi A1 was launched. This is an Android One handset which means that it did not come with Xiaomi"s own MIUI skin. The latter has been criticized by Xiaomi"s own fans and users of the company"s handsets. But now that Xiaomi has released an Android One phone, the company felt that it might be a good time to poll consumers to see which UI they prefer.
Xiaomi deleted this tweet after it showed Android One beating out MIUI
Now, looking at this from Xiaomi"s point of view, the company is not going to run such a poll on Twitter unless it is pretty sure that the results are going to be in its favor. Based on an image that was posted on a sub-reddit account dedicated to Xiaomi, Android One was preferred by 57% of the 14,769 votes counted, and MIUI had the remaining 43%. You might be asking why we had to use a post from a sub-reddit account to prove that the results favored Android One. That"s because once the voting ended and MIUI had lost, Xiaomi deleted all tweets related to the poll.
The Xiaomi Mi A1 features a 5.5-inch LCD display with a 1080 x 1920 resolution (FHD). The Snapdragon 625 chipset is under the hood, carrying an octa-core CPU running at a clock speed of 2GHz. The Adreno 506 GPU is also on board. The handset comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of expandable storage. A dual-camera setup is on back. While both sensors weigh in at 12MP, one has an aperture of f/2.2 and the other has an aperture of f/2.7. A 5MP front-facing camera takes selfies and handles video chats. Keeping the lights on is a 3080mAh battery, and Android 8.0 is now running the show. As you can see from the mid-range specs, this is not your grandfather"s Android One phone.
Instead of acting like it never happened, Xiaomi should use the results of the poll to get started on fixing MIUI so that next time, it might actually get the majority of votes.
source: Reddit via AndroidPolice